If you are a member of English Club, here are some important announcements!
1. This week we will have elections to pick the new leaders of English club. You must ask Bu Christin for a ballot. Then, write down the names of who you think should be president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer. Everyone should vote!
2. Remember to save money to buy English Club jackets. You can bring the money to the meetings every week.
3. Starting next week, English Club members will have journals. You will need a notebook that is only for English Club. You can write anything in your journal. Yesterday in English Club we discussed two questions: 1) What are 5 important things that describe who you are/your identity? 2) What is a story of an obstacle you have overcome? You can answer these questions in your journal. We talked about these questions after listening to our new theme song – “Watch Me Shine.” Listen to it! :)
4. Think of ideas of what you would like to do in English Club. You can comment on this post “leave a reply” or you can write this down and talk about it at our next meeting. Once we have new leaders (see #1), you can talk to the new leaders and tell them your ideas. This is important because….
5. I (Miss Sarah) will be gone for two weeks in Surabaya for training with my organization, Peace Corps. Bu Christin will also be gone for 1 week to join my training in Surabaya. That means that on Thursday, October 18th you need to plan the activities for English Club. Remember, English Club is your club. What do you want to do in English Club? Think about it.
6. For our school’s birthday in November, the English Club will perform a drama. The drama is the story of TimunMas and Buto Ijo. Last week we had auditions. Here is the cast list:
– Mother: Deva (XI IPS 3)
– Father: To be announced later
– Hermit: Kamal (XI IPA 1)
– Buto Ijo: Fajar Satrio (XI IPS 2)
– Timun Mas: Nindy (XG)
– Narrators: Eli (XI IPA 5), Riska (XD), and more.
If you are one of these characters, you must practice your lines! Please see Bu Christin to get the audio file so you can listen to an example. Also, make sure you have the drama file so you can read your lines. If you are not on the list but you want to be a narrator, tell Bu Christin.
We also need to think about costumes and props and music for dancing. Can you help with this?